Delay in periods

Last I got my periods on Feb first week and havnt got it yet. Before too had a delay and had medication as per the doctor said. The medicine tht I took was meprate n had iron tabletstoo. Had done scaning too.. No pblm was seen..

Doctor Answers (1) on Delay in periods

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle...Consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.