Period Related Problem

I missed my periods in Jan (Date 29) and got them in Feb but late by 5-6 days (5 March). It started with 7 days of spotting and then regular flow and stopped after 6 days. But after a week of stopping, I noticed regular spotting again. Its not a blood flow mostly noticed when I pee or sometime in pants. Its been going on for 10 days now, no pain, no cramp. Everything is normal but I can notice blood in my pants (4-5 drops or so). I am now almost reaching my next period dates. What should be my next steps? Is this a serious issue?

Doctor Answers (1) on Period Related Problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. ..Kindly consult Gynecologist for further advice...