Pcos problem

I have pcods prob.I had follicular scan on Oct 3rd and folicle size is 19mm.till now i didn't get my periods.yesterday I have taken upt test and result is negative. Why I didn't get my periods.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pcos problem

Hi
In pcos your periods are altered because of altered hormones.In simple way for you to understant it let me explain it as ,there are many follicles in ovary and usually one follicle is recruited in each cycle and will grow with the egg and ovulate before 14 days of expected menses.If you conceive in that cycle you become pregnant or next periods resumes and cycle  go on.
In your case though there are many follicles none is recruited and ovulation rarely happens because of altered hormones.Hence periods may be delayed ,irregular etc.
So you have to consult a gynaecologist and get yourself examined.She might do an ultrasound scan to see the follicles and day 2 hormones to see.After that you may be prescribed with some medicines to regularise menses .
If you are obese reducing weight by 5%will resume your cycles
.Resr of the treatment depends up on your test results.Mean while get your husband seman analysis.
I hope you are convinced with my answer.
all the best.