Pcos ovaries miscariages
Doctor Answers (3) on Pcos ovaries miscariages
Thank you for your query regarding recurrent miscarriage and subfertility.
I assure you that even after 3 consecutive miscarriages the chance of successful spontaneous pregnancy is over 60 percent.
I would advice you to see an Obstetrician
Relevant history includes:
- Family history of diabetes
- Personal history or arterial or Venous Thrombosis.
- Hypertension and other medical comorbidities.
- Previous reports and ultrasound in the early trimester.
All the above will be required by your Obstetrician to rule out relevant etiology.
Start preconceptional folic acid supplements for 3 months and do the following tests prior to next conception.
1. Blood for grouping and Rh typing.
2. Blood for APLA and LAC antibodies.
3. Serum VDRL.
5. Parental karyotyping.
Even after all these tests 20-30 percent of the patients will have an unknown etiology for recurrent miscarriage.
Your clinical management will depend upon the detection of specific etiology through the tests above.
Do take a preconceptional counselling appointment with your local OBGYN for the same.
Dr Aditi Kishore Shinde.