PCOS and irregular period

Hi, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I am not getting my periods regularly for last four months. Doctor prescribed me primolut tablets to get them. I am also getting married. Please let me know if there is any permanent cure to PCOS. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOS and irregular period

Thank you for your question.
Pcod is a lifestyle related endocrine / metabolic disorder. It can be managed with changes in exercise levels, diet and nutrition and stress reduction. A key aspect of pcod is insulin resistance which is the result of dietary choices and sedentary lifestyle. This leads to other hormonal imbalance which then affects all the body systems including the reproductive system. Your main focus will always remain exercise, correct nutrition and reduction of stress. All other medical interventions deal with consequences of these going wrong. You will need to see your gynaecologist when you decide your wedding date as well as when you decide to conceive.
Best wishes
PS you can read about pcod on WWW.patient.co.uk