PCOS and gyno problem

Hello Doc, I am 27 years old. I have got pcos and am not getting periods for last 4 months. Kindly help me out. Moreover, I suffer from tremendous pain during my periods accompanied by vomiting, loose motion and unbearable pain.

Doctor Answers (4) on PCOS and gyno problem

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
You can absolutely  heal from all this misery if you address the root cause of the issue. If you  really want to know  the root cause of your problem and heal, please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Sarika Dahiphale Pune | Infertility Specialist
Pcos with painful cycle doesn't Corelate.... Painless  irregular cycles are key features of Pcos.. So diagnos the cause.... Consult a gynac
Dear Ma'am,

Thank you for your query. At the outset I'd like to ask you regarding your current desire for fertility as the treatments vary, if you wish to conceive or not.

PCOS is an endocrine disorder charecterised by:
1. Hyperandrogenemia.
2. Multiple ovarian cyst
3. Irregular cycles

Any 2 of the 3 are required to make the diagnosis.
If you wish to conceive: Pain indicates that ovulation has occurred in the previous cycle and only analgesics with folic acid may be prescribed. Vomiting, loosemotion and pain are often accompaniments of prostaglandin production during menstruation and do well with a group of drugs called NSAIDs.

If you don't wish to conceive, but wish for a regular menstrual cycle with minimal pain. You could consult your local Gynaecologist to prescribe you for a trial of symptom relief with low dose oral contraceptive pills for a few months

In additional it is essential for you to undertake certain diet and lifestyle measures to keep your BMI between 20-24.  Even a 5 percent weight loss helps immensely in regularising the cycle. Also that PCOS should be viewed also in terms of long term consequences of predisposition to Diabetes,heart disease and Endometrial hyperplasia,  hence importance of instituting preventative measures early.

Do let me know if there are any other queries.

Regards,
Aditi

Dr. Ratna Saha Kolkata | Gynecologist
U didn't tell whether u married or unmarried.if unmarried u hv to take projesteron tab for withdrawl lbleeding p/v then u have to take oral cotraceptive pill after consulting a gynaecologist