Pcod but regular periods

I had been diagnosed with pcod 5 yrs back. I am presently 22 years old. An ultrasound i took recently shows cysts on both ovaries. I have severe acne and facial hair. However my periods are regular and i am not overweight. However the acne is worsening manifold and the facial hair is increasing. How can i keep this under control? I do go for a brisk walk and i dont take very oily or unhealthy food.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pcod but regular periods

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello Polycystic ovary syndrome  is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with your periods(may be normal) and make it difficult to get pregnant, causes severe backache, facial hair, acne (due to comparatively high androgenic hormones) . PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way you look. If it isn't treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease. Reduce weight below average for your age, practice little more exercise like aerobics, even walking at least for 20min morning and evening , if not, you need hormonal therapy for that and even metformin. Nothing to worry now, it can be managed, Consult your gynecologist.