Pcod and gym

I have PCOD and have joined gym for weight loss training its not even a month at gym n my periods got delayed by 4days now. For how long should I wait? Should I take medicine to have them? Is there a relation between gym,periods and PCOD?

Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi. Change in exercise pattern can cause disturbance in periods. Unless you are worried about pregnancy, don't think too much into it. You can wait upto a month for periods. In addition to exercise, take a healthy diet, including proteins, vitamins and complex carbs. Periods in PCOS take time to regularise, to be patient and continue exercising. You are on right track
Harisha N L

You should decrease carbohydrate intake, take foods made-up of whole grains like whole wheat bread, Decrease fat intake and increase protein content. Take high fiber diet, fruits, vegetables but avoid starchy vegetables like potatoes. Take plenty of water avoid sugar drinks....Consult nearest gynecologists as you may require medications to regularise your periods.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Are you having too much of carbohydrates? Eat whole grain foods like whole wheat bread and decrease fat intake. Eat foods rich in protein and fiber like fruit and vegetables.Drink plenty of liquids and avoid sugary drinks. Consult your gynaecologist and she will prescribe you medications to stabilize your periods.