cancer-icon

Papillary carcinoma

Hello doctor.. I have a nodule on my right neck.. I got my thyroid test.. it was negative.. I also did fnac.. report says papillary carcinoma cannot be ruled out.. i am not able to understand this.. can u plz check my report once and make me understand this

Doctor Answers (2) on Papillary carcinoma

Dr. Sandeep Nayak Bangalore | Surgical Oncologist
From the FNAC report it appears to be papillary cancer. However, you should have attached the ultrasound report as well. It's important in planning. The main treatment is surgery. In many patients of your age, scarless endoscopy thyroidectomy (laparoscopic) is a good option as there would be hardly any scar of surgery.
As such there is nothing to panic as it is as good as a benign disease which can be completely cured provided you complete treatment as advised.
Dr. Aravind S Kapali Bangalore | Surgical Oncologist
This seems to be papillary Ca thyroid. Get the slides and review in some big lab or cancer center as most of the time papillary Ca is easily diagnosed on fnac. Not to worry much with papillary Ca thyroid as most of the people out live it. But as it gets larger the surgery is going to get complicated.
Way to go would be confirm the diagnosis. If papillary Ca then get total thyroidectomy from a surgical oncologists or Head& neck surgeon.
During surgery it is associated with 2 important complication 1 is injury nerve of voice box of 2% and hypoparathyroidism of 1% .