Pain while passing stool

Hi, i am facing this problem from past 3-4 months on and off. I have itching around the anus area and it pains while passing stool. Sometime get bright red blood also with the first stool. Pain and irritation even persists after passing stool for several hours. I never had such problem before. It heels on its own in 4-5 days and gets normal but problem returns in 15-20 days or months time. Please advice. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain while passing stool

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi looks like you could be suffering from fissure in ano or haemorrhoids. Fissure in ano is more common in this weather, due to increased loss of water from the body, leading to hard stools. You will need detailed clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis. Start taking plenty of fluids, eating foods rich in fibres like green leafy vegetables, raw fruits. Do sitz bath at home. Kindly consult a general surgeon for further evaluation. Treatment will include oral and local analgesics, stool softeners.