Pain on chest area
Actually a heavy weight box has fallen on my father (age 54)chest two days back, and now there pain on that area and pain has also radiated to back shoulder area,there is also pain when he cough or laugh, what step should be taken, kindly suggest,I'm very worrid about it.

This treatment is being suggested on bases of the information provided. However I would like to examine & investigate your father in detail. -Control  Hypertension, Diabetes or  metabolic disorder, if there is any. --. Sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding. --. Keep no pillow under the head. --. Avoid painful acts & activities. --. Fomentation with warm water. Let the part not be exposed to cold. -- .Do deep  breathing exercises. --.(Take help of physiotherapist or you can visit my YouTube channel Dr. N. C. Gupta and watch 'Me & My Yoga' and 'Yoga Simplified'. Kindly subscribe to the channel to get continuous guidence. https://youtube.com/channel/ucpeqc6b1ywzwin048jsu6rw -Any way it may be tried, --. Ugesic (Piroxicam) 20mg 1 tab od x 5days --. Caldikind plus  (Mankind) 1 tab OD x 10 days. -(You may need help of your local doctor to get these medicines.) Kindly make sure, there is no allergy to any of these medicines. --For emergency treatment visit nearest hospital. --Wish you a quick recovery & good health.  Dr N C Gupta MS (ortho) DMC no.3624
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true
Hi, First get a chest x-ray done to rule out any ribs fracture, if that comes out to be normal, then it might be a soft tissue injury which will resolve in some time with medications and other measures.