Pain near heart aftr meal

I had been diagnosed with ulcer in stomach   1.5year back and took medicine and it got healed. Ever since whenever I take a heavy meal there is constant pain near heart. I did 2d echo tmt and all were normal. Don't know what is the root cause of it. My job requires mostly working on PC. My BMI is normal

Dr. J. V. Srujan
General Physician 6 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Yes there is definitely a chance of ulcer recurring if proper precautions are not taken. I would suggest you take over the counter proton pump inhibitors like rabeprazole 20 mg twice daily (fasting and 30 min before dinner) for 2 weeks and avoid heavy, oily, spicy meals and maintain proper timing. If there is a small ulcer then it should heal with this. If your symptoms still persist, then an endoscopy will be necessary.
Dr. Sameer Sahay
Consultant Physician 9 yrs exp Pune

If you had a definite ulcer then it can occur again. Ulcer recurrence is common in working people unless sufficient precautions are taken. At the same time, your symptoms may be simply due to reflux into a sore foodpipe. Since heart disease is ruled out, don't worry. It will be relieved by proper medication after appropriate consultation. Regards