Pain management
I have lost a friend. She was like my little sister. I realised she used me for office work. Now really it hurts.She says she doesnot feel for me anymore. Now i cant get over this feeling of betrayal. Had an ugly fight. I donno how to forget or get over this pain

Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan
Counselling Psychologist 14 yrs exp Chennai

Dear friend, First accept the reality. You had thought her as a sister. Not she. Now because you know that she used you for office works, your emotional value about her has changed. So ask yourself which is real. You are actually angry on her or yourself. Thank God that at least now you understand her. You keep loving her as before. Your positive energy will change her. Any further help, please feel free to contact. Visit www.mastermindfoundation.com Wishes
Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Addiction Psychiatrist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi I suggest you focus on three things. Since we can't undo things from past, it is important you take things as a matter of fact. Take an objective look at what happened. Something didn't work between you. That's it. Now if you add emotions, feelings and interpretations to it, it looks messy. Secondly, remember perception is the truth for the perceiver. You occured like something to your friend, which made her behave the way she did. Just appreciate it. Then it all may make sense. Thirdly, get present to your emotions about this incident and understand that they are normal in the context of what happened. We are emotional animals. Nothing wrong about it. Just respect them, both your's and her's. Talk to her while you just appreciate and acknowledge what she did, without getting judgemental. You just got to appreciate and not agree. It is ok. Best wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Definitely it paid search with somebody's betrayal.  At the same time who assumed that it was friendly or sisterly.  Did she at anytime told u about that? Do handle situations practically rather than emotionally.  Of u further require more help.seek an expert advice to overcome this current situated yours.

Hi.... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help preven,t a relapse of symptoms.....