Pain inside anus

I hav been havin pain inside my anus for the past 10 days, though i have been applying ointments n sitting in hot water tub but still the pain remains which is resulting in difficulty in walking and sitting. I have had no constipation problems till date, and there is no bleeding as is usually the case in piles. Is this due to heat inside body and if yes, how can it be reduced? Pls advise ASAP..

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain inside anus

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...pain in the anus is mainly due to two reasons - fissure in ano and haemorrhoids. Treatment usually involves oral and topical analgesics, sitz bath, anti inflammatory, stools softeners. These are given in mild cases. If it is severe then operation might be required. However you must remember that the pain usually persists for 1-2 weeks even in mild cases which heal spontaneously. Kindlyconsult a general surgeon for further clinical examination and management.