Pain in the ribs
Hi Doctor, I am suffering from a rib pain below the breast. The pain is more while pressing the ribs below the breast. I am sitting in the same posture and is used to operate my laptop while lying on the bed. Is this a sitting posture issue or do i need to consult a doctor?

Dr. A Mohan Krishna
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hi thanks for the query The pain is due to irritation of the muscle on the ribs. Initially it could be treated by exercises and some simple analgesics. If not subsiding I can give you local injection. Bad posture and lack of exercise is the cause.