Pain in the eyes

From past few days, I am feeling pain on the right corner of my right eye. The eye is little watery but no redness or itching. The pain is consistent. I wear minor number eye glasses while working on computer.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in the eyes

Varun Boddula Hyderabad | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
The most common cause for the pain at the corners of your eye with no redness or itching could be

As it is unilateral - it is not associated with any inborn disorders;

It may be
- Associated with small nodule (due to infection) - requires oral and topical antibiotics

- Earliest symptom of infection which can later turn out to have foreign body sensation with redness - requires topical antibiotics

- A small tear while rubbing eye lids (self healing) - lubricating eye drops will help in faster healing

- Blockage of meibomian gland (oil secreting gland for eye) can cause pain - similar to white heads of skin.

Note: There is nothing necessary to meet a doctor unless its associated with any swelling or might turn up with redness/itching/discharge etc...

Hope this helps :)