Pain in tail bone
I m suffering from tail bone pain from last 1 month....due to slept down...some times i get severe pain in tail bone....there are no fractures....only swelling n inflammation....i also do sitt baths n ...use air cusion....while travelling.....but still not recovering 100%.......whats so advicable....plz let me know....

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Mumbai

Pain in the tail bone as you have described is called coccydynia. It can take upto three months to recover completely. In the meanwhile, you should continue using the ring pillow and Sitz bath. You must preferably avoid vehicles with small wheels, eg. scooter, bike, rickshaw, car,etc. Walking is preferable. You need to consult an Orthopaedic surgeon to assess if an manipulation is required. If you do not improve even after 3 months, you may need to take a local injection.