Pain in tail bone
I am recently experiencing pain in my tail bone of pelvis. I started free hand exercises about a month and half back. The pain has come up from last week. The pain is not unbearable but I would like to know the reason that can be behind this pain?

Dr. Ajay Rao
Joint Replacement Surgeon 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, the tail bone is called coccyx and pain in the tail bone is called coccydynia. It usually presents as pain only on sitting or reclining on a chair. Inflammation around the bone is usually the cause, but it can also be caused by fractures or dislocation/ subluxation. Other causes of pain around that region are perianal abscess and fissure.