Pain in right arm

I am having a lot of pain in my right arm, below the elbow. No position is comfortable, feels like its in muscle. If i try to press the muscle, the pain is noticeable. Sometimes the pain come way up to the upper arm near the shoulder, sometimes it goes down towards the wrist. In the night, the pain keeps waking me up. The pain is not persistent , suddenly it shows up and slowly goes down.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in right arm

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Dear sir, pain in arm could be because of multiple causes like fracture, muscle injury, nerve compression, muscle strain, trauma. Since your complaining of radiating pain it's more likely it's nerve related than muscle. Nerve compression pain is usually felt in skin above its path. Usually nerve is compressed near spine due to spinal deformities, spine fractures, disc prolapse, spondylosis. Nerve supplying arm forearm originates in neck. Since U haven't mentioned of any neck pain so I assume u don't have it. Other causes of pain near elbow to wrist is tendinitis(If there is over use of any muscle it leads to inflammation of tat muscle), bursitis( pain around elbow). U can apply local pain killer gels and if stil pain doesn't reduce then I suggest you to consult with orthopedician and get X-ray done if needed.