cardiologist-icon

Pain in left side chest

I am getting mild pain in left side chest from past 8 months onwards as well as backside. I did all the tests like ECG, 2D echo and TMT, all are normal. But still some times I am getting mild pain. Is this gastric pain or chest pain or muscle pain ? I am worried on this. Please suggest me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in left side chest

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.you should know that having untimely eating habits and eating spicy or oily foods can cause gastritis. Also drinking coffee amd tea frequently while working also aggravates this condition. And you should know that alcohol and smoking also known to cause gastritis. So the main thing I suggest is to stop all this. The most important thing is to follow a healthy diet which should include green leafy vegetables, fruits and berries which are rich in fibre.take fresh fruits instead of taking it in juice form, since the waste formed while making juice consist of fibres which will be beneficial for the gut, so prefer fresh raw fruits. Take lassi,yoghurt,buttermilk, ragi gunji instead of coffee and tea. Avoid smoked meat products. Avoid outside food, prefer only home cooked meal.drink plenty of water. And never skip a meal. Do daily morning brisk walking, yoga and meditation. If you are not satisfied consult a dietician.
Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
With your age and all the cardiac test being normal chances of cardiac pain are very less
It could be a musculoskeletal gastric or pleural pain