Pain in fingertips
Im facing pain in fingertipsof right hand only. Its intermittent n last for several minutes. Im not sure but i think its because of injury in my palm when I met with accident recently. Pain is felt majorly in middle finger of right hand but sometimes also felt in index finger, thumb n ring finger. I have to work on computer for several hours this pain is affecting my work. Sometimes the pain becomes excrutiating as if my fingertip is cut in 2. Need help.

Dr. Mangesh Darekar
Orthopedist 9 yrs exp Pune

Pain in finger tips can be due to many causes. Do you have any tingling sensation with the pain, or any numbness? If yes it can be due to compression of the nerve which supplies the thumb index and middle finger (median nerve). This is just one of the probable cause. I suggest you show it to a orthopaedic and get it evaluated.
Dr. Mandar M. Puranik
Orthopedist 7 yrs exp Pune
if the pain is there previous to injury then it might be because of forearm muscle cramps(swelling)due to your working position of hand and pain you are explaining is like radicular pain..or it might be because of calcium deficiency..check it with nearby orthopedic consultant..