Pain in finger

Trigger thumb in the little finger of the right hand...what to do please help Many doctor have been consulted but no cure...can if possible try to reply as fast as possible.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in finger

Dr. Raviraj Francis Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Well mam from the information you provided i assume you have trigger finger of the right hand little finger.... let me tell you that this condition though maybe minor but can be very irritating to live with.... it is common in women from the age group of 40-60. Do get your sugar levels checked (fasting and post prandial) along with sr Uric acid and RA test....as trigger finger is a common occourance in people with diabetes,hyperurecimia(gout)and Rheumatoid arthritis. If one of the above test comes positive it means the causacative factor is found out and then medications should be started to decrease the levels which will eventually help your symptoms For the time being ...what you can do is- 1)Splinting of finger under the guidance of orthopedician/physiotherapist 2)over the counter NSAIDs/pain killers (short term benefit) 3)seasions of Therapeutic ultrasound at a Physio OPD...to bring relief with inflamed sheath of tendon which causes pain. Hope this guids you somewhat....do resort back to me if you have any queries. Take care.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Well..it might be age related neuropathic pain..and if you have any underlying disease like diabetes and hypertension you are susceptible to this early...kindly consult an orthopaedician first to rule out bone causes then meet a neurologist