Pain in ear

I used ear buds a few days ago and have severe ear and throat pain since two days. What can be the reason for this? What should I do now?

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in ear

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
You have injured your ear. NEVER EVER attempt to clean your ear canal with cotton buds! They are not cleaning tools and have not been designed for ears at all! They are meant to either take tissue samples from an ulcer or sore for histopathological analysis or to apply medicated ointments & creams to sores or skin rashes! Now that you have damaged your ear, you need an ENT Specialist to gently clean and medicate the wounded tissues in your ear. I would be very happy to help you out myself. My clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar is easily navigable to in Google Maps. Hope to see you soon.
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
May be you injured your ear canal while cleaning with ear buds or you got a sore throat with referred pain in your ears. Consult with an ENT SURGEON. Dr Sandeep Dachuri, Bangalore .