Pain in Ear
From 2 days i am having pain in my ears. It started when i rolled piece of paper and inserted inside my ear to clear ear wax as it was itching. But after that it started paining hard. Now i am unable to eat also because due to pain in ear. I have also used candibiotic ear drop once but it didn't worked.Please advice me

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

YOU MUST NEVER ATTEMPT TO CLEAN YOUR OWN EARS! COTTON BUDS ARE NOT MEANT FOR CLEANING EARS! DO NOT USE THEM FOR THAT PURPOSE! Please use this app to find and meet a good ENT SPECIALIST in your city to examine you & do the needful. If you are able to make it to Bangalore, I would be very happy to help you out myself.

Hello there. I can understand your concern but why would you use a rolled piece of paper to clean your ear? There is something called ear buds available to clean the ears. Paper was never meant to clean the ears. You could have damaged the ear drum also. Also who has advised you to use candibiotic ear drops unnecessarily? You shouldn't use such medications unless told by a doctor. Kindly consult a ent specialist and let him exami e you for further management. Best regards . Dr. Anil kumar jain