Pain in chest (Teitze)

Hey there, I am suffering from pain in chest from last 15 20 days. Also there is some swelling in rib cage bone, on searching Internet I found my symptoms to be exact of Teitzes syndrome or costochondritis. There is severe pain in chest whenever I wake up from any resting position. I have attached image sourced from Google , showing the exact area of swelling. Please suggest what needful can be done at home, and to which doctor should I consult general physician or cardiovascular doctor. (In recent test report my TSH level came at 7.2, and T3 and T4 were in ranged limit).
views-icons 26 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in chest (Teitze)

doctor profile image
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
I would suggest you show it to a real doctor as opposed to google.
Please dont post here with google diagnosis. 
Its not a good idea.
Kindly consult a orthopedician in person for further evaluation and management.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.

Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?