Pain in bone of left leg
Below the knee almost 3 inches where there is a slight protuting part of the bone. There is severe pain just there or above. I have stopped playing badminton for the last 5 months. Pain has been relieved but only momenatrily. The moment I stree on that part while stretching or playing it starts to pain again.

Dr. Hitin Mathur
Joint Replacement Surgeon 17 yrs exp Noida

Hi, this is Dr Mathur orthopaedic surgeon from Fortis C Doc Hospital, New Delhi. Welcome to practo. The part of bone that you are refering to serves as the attachment of a ligament originating from the knee cap. That part of the ligament is stretched while straighting the knee. Pain at that point can arise due to partial tear of the ligament followed by inadequate rest given to the ligament to heal making it a chronic pain or inflamed attachment of the ligament. Some physiotherapy like ultrasonic therapy and IFT along with use of a knee brace for 3 weeks can help. Nsaid drugs can help decrease the inflammation as well. Also get your serum uric acid (blood test) fasting and xray of the knee AP and lateral views and revert back with reports.