Pain in bone below knee

So much pain in the bone just below the left knee, I'm a basketball player and I practice everyday, lesion in the bone below knee.what's the medication required for it.I've been taking shellcal 500mg calcium tablets for past month.How to reduce the pain?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in bone below knee

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri Kolkata | General Physician
Hello. You history suggests that you are suffering from a stress fracture of your fibula which is quite common in players and runners. Right now, you should give absolute rest to the affected leg with no weight bearing. You can use crutch or protective boot to avopid stress on the affected limb. For pain, take pain medications like Tab ZERODOL 1tab twice daily after meals for 5 days, along with tab RANTAC 300mg once daily before breakfast. You can also try physiotherapy of the affected area for control of pain and rehabilitative exercises. Please contact an Orthopedician or a sports medicine specialist.