Pain in ankle from a week

I have been running for over 9 months now, and have been practicing for my half marathon. A week ago while running I developed pain in my right foot. I continued to run for 2km when the pain became unbearable. From that day the pain is too much. Have been limping the whole time. Visited a orthopedic. But no relief

Dr. Ajay Rao
Orthopedist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, the pain in your foot could be due to a sprain or tendinitis. The tendons on the inner side of outer side of your ankle can be affected if you don't land on your foot properly or if there is inadequate support. You need to consult a orthopedic surgeon, probably get some ultrasound therapy,ice the foot and give it a good amount of rest before you start training again
Dr. Nitish Mandal
Spine and Pain Specialist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi this is Dr Nitish M.D. This looks like plantar fasciitis. You need to wear sports shoes for as much as possible. There are some ankle supports available, wear one. If it doesn't get relieved, please see a pain physician. It is only 2 weeks now, this condition is still treatable. If you wait more, it will be very difficult to treat