Pain during periods

My wife undergoing several pain now at periods, has severe pain in stomach and back, so what needs to be done now?

Harisha N L

Pain during periods is medically known as dysmenorrhea... Most of the time it's spasmodic or primary dysmenorrhea due to increased prostaglandins..it may be due to fibroids as well... If the pain is starting 4 to 5 days prior to the periods suggestive of secondary dysmenorrhea it may be due to pelvic inflammatory disease,endometriosis etc...over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium , at regular doses starting the day before you expect your period to begin will help you. Prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as mefenamic acid, also are available...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and for evaluation they will do the needful
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
It's not normal to have painful periods. Painkillers will only mask the symptoms without healing the body. It's a sign of hormonal imbalance. Regards. Dr.Disha