Pain around right ear.
Having pain around right ear. At the point where lower and upper jaws meet. Have pain when I open my mouth wide open. Initially it didn't hurt this much but now it's severe. When I open mouth to eat it hurts most for 1st time then onwards little less. Shud I contact ENT or physician or wht? What might be the problem?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

your symptoms are suggestive of temporomandibular joint dysfunction leading to pain.. one more possibility is infection of ear canal leading to pain while movement or joint consult a dentist or maxillofacial surgeon first then you can consult ENT specialist