Pain after eating chicken

I like chicken very much. But every time after eating it I'll get pain near the heart region I feel like some acid is pumping upwards. I cannot sleep properly. I'll drink water continuously sometimes it will be alright sometimes it won't. I don't consume alcohol I don't smoke. I'm healthy but I get this problem chicken mostly but it is my favourite dish. I eat it only once in a week even after that I get pain. What is the issue might be ? I get this pain sometimes with some other spicy food too. I eat very limited and selective food even then I'm getting pain. :( My age group frds eat everything and they drink alcohol and smoke but they don't have anything. It's always I who avoid all the food when I go to any restaurant or any outing but still if I eat weekly once it comes back please suggest a solution.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain after eating chicken

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
May be due to gastritis....you should know that having untimely eating habits and eating spicy or oily foods can cause gastritis. Also drinking coffee amd tea frequently while working also aggravates this condition. And you should know that alcohol and smoking also known to cause gastritis. So the main thing I  suggest is to stop all this. The most important thing is to follow a healthy diet which should include green leafy vegetables, fruits and berries which are rich in fibre.take fresh fruits instead of taking it in juice form, since the waste formed while making juice consist of fibres which will be beneficial for the gut, so prefer fresh raw fruits. Take lassi,yoghurt,buttermilk, ragi gunji instead of coffee and tea. Avoid smoked meat products. Avoid outside food, prefer only home cooked meal.drink plenty of water. And never skip a meal. Do daily morning brisk walking, yoga and meditation...consult nearest physician they will do the needful.