Overcoming addiction
I'm an alcohol addict and I'm trying hard to get over this. Please suggest me good books to read on overcoming this addiction.

Dr. Divya Shree K.R
Psychiatrist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
Addiction is a neuropsychiatric disorder. long term consumption of any addictive substances causes changes in your brain that makes it hard to quit despite strong will. You will need medications and psychological therapy to teach you how to manage craving and prevent relapses into the same habit. Reading motivational books alone will not be helpful in getting over this problem.