Overbite and cross bite

I have a long face and a weak chin. I can't close my lips without effort. I have all the symptoms of a mouth breather. I am about to go through an operation to cure that. So, would I need orthognathic treatment to correct my jaws or will braces be enough? Or do I need both?

Doctor Answers (5) on Overbite and cross bite

If you have problems with the bone size or shape then surgery is the solution. Exact diagnosis can be done only after all the x-rays, models of teeth are taken and analyzed. Do visit a qualified MDS orthodontist in your area for property consultation.
Dr. Kunal R Shah Nashik | Orthodontist
Hi.. Based upon your symptoms it seems you have both bone and teeth problem. Its better to get xrays done and consult an Orthodontist. Thank you
Hi..you might need both. First surgery and then braces. Regards
Since you are 19, your jaw growth can't be redone with orthodontic ( braces) treatment alone. You Will probably need orthognathic surgery to correct your long face appearance and weak chin. With that u will also need some sort of orthodontic treatment(braces) for sure. So iny opinion both.
hello, it seems you already had multiple visits to doctor and have fare knowledge of what is the problem with you. but with these few lines I can not give you a treatment plan. usually in situations where we recommend orthognathic surgery, it is mostly followed by orthodontic treatment. so all the best.