Over weight

I'm over weight , after child birth my weight is 80 kg , suffering from hypothyroidism. Help in reduce weight .
views-icons 47 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Over weight

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,,it is pretty common to see weight gain after your pregnancy due to hormonal imbalance during pregnancy, most of the times it will get reduce after the pregnancy some times it doesn't . Here what you have do Daily exercise or aerobics or dance or walking (brisk walk) for 20min morning and evening along with diet control help you to reduce weight. Certain guidelines that need to be considered for weight loss regarding diet are: 1. Have 4 to 6 small meals and snacks everyday rather than 3 large meals. This will help you in controlling your hunger and the nutrients are also utilized effectively. 2. Plan your diet chart in advance. Hasty and incomplete planning can make you confused and can increase the temptation towards fatty and junk foods. 3. Chew your food properly as this can help you in reducing weight. 4. Plan your food items effectively. Include whole grain cereals, pulses, legumes, vegetables, fruits and water in your everyday diet. 5. Avoid fatty foods or high caloric foods. Avoid sugary foods, pastries and sweets. 6. Include large amounts of fruits and vegetables. Try to eat a total of 5 fruits and vegetables per day. And drink lemon juice with out suger daily. And hypothyroidism itself is a cause of weight,, so you need take treatment for hypothyroidism (if not already) or continue tablets for hypothyroidism to decrease your weight and to avoid other symptoms of hypothyroidism.