Osteoarthritis
I hv been suffering with arthritis since 2000, recently one of the doctor advised me for HTO Operation. I would like to know about its success rate as I am an obese weighing 72kg. Kindly let me know the expenditure I need to bear if I go for left knee operation...???? I live in kanpur city, U.P. So, advise me few of the best and experienced orthopedic surgeon whom I can consult with. Thanking in anticipation. Best Regards, Namrata Bajpai

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Raipur

exercise is best way to maintain progression of OA. have taken physiotherapy for this. if not then consult to physiotherapist and ask him for exercise program for you.
Dr. Anshul Parashar (PT)
Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Noida
U can consult dr sanjay gupta @ jaypee hospital noida. He is better in knee surgeries.