Orthognatic Surgery
Hello, I have miss aligned Jaws. My Lower Jaw doesn't align with the upper jaw. I read about the Orthognatic Surgery for this. I want to know the duration and procedure in this surgery for a male of around 23 years. Also give a rough idea about the Costs of the surgery. Is there any alternative for the Orthognatic Surgery?

Dr. Sanjay Shah
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 31 yrs exp Mumbai

Firstly get your teeth checked, don't do any guesswork.  Get all x-rays done. Visit ur dentist to confirm dental or skeletal deformity.  Then check whether orthodontic treatment is possible.  If not then think about the surgery. 
Dr. Nilendu Sekhar Dhar
Dentist 6 yrs exp Kolkata

Hello, mal-alignment of jaws can be corrected using orthognathic surgery for you as growth is completed by age of 23 years. But a phase of presurgical orthodontics is required before you can proceed for the surgery. I would advise you to visit an orthodontist for detailed evaluation of the skeletal deformity and correction of the same.
Dr. Ismail Qureshi
Dentist 8 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello dear, Did you go through  Cephalometric evaluation? That shows the degree of discrepancy of upper and lower jaw.Based on that it will be assessed whether you  can be camouflaged or surgery. In Young patients whose growth phase is still there, MYOFUNCTIONAL APPLIANCE can be used for correcting jaw discrepancy . If at all you are going for surgery, it will take around 3hours under general anesthesia,upto 3 days of hospital stay.swelling and inability to open mouth for 1st week, then receds.If lower law surgery u may have numbness of lower jaw for 2- 6months.. Cost could be around 1.5 to 3.5 lakhs depending on one jaw or both jaws.