Oily skin pimple

I have oily skin and pimple problems so I want to know which hair oil is best? I m applying hair oil every day..M using mahabringraj oil now? So it will effect adversely on my skin? It will cause more oily skin and pimples? Which hair oil is best if we have oily skin? Castor oil? Or can I continue apply mahabhringraj oil?

Doctor Answers (1) on Oily skin pimple

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
The importance of oil is that it 'pre conditions' the hair making it softer. Applying oil even for 15 min before a head bath conditions the hair adequately. Research has shown that coconut oil is the best for the hair and body. Other oils don't work the same as coconut oil. Plus, one very important fact is that if you have oily skin, prolonged/constant use of any oil will lead to acne. The oil tends to trickle down on the face in the day and spread from the hair to the face at night when you sleep thus leading to blocking of pores and acne. So, avoid applying oil for more than 30 mins. Apply the oil just 15 min to 30 min before a head bath. And use a conditioner that suits your hair after. That should help you with your hair care.