diabetes-icon

Obesity+diabetes+thyroid

Hi, I am 29 years of age and having a weight of 113kg , since i was 14 i started gaining a weight due to Rise in TSH level, recently i come to know that i have a rise in sugar level as well so taking medicines for both (thyroid+diabetes) , currently my thyroid level and sugar level is in control however i am not able to reduce my weight , i eat limited food and doing exercise as well , for few days it started reducing but again i gained some weight , i want the solution for such behaviour from my body , i searched for bariatic surgery but it is too costly and also not covered under insurance so would like to know if any alternate way i can reduce my weight, i am taking garcinia combogia drink as well but i rarely see any progress in Metabolism increase please suggest and guide me in a right direction towards weight loss, thanks

Doctor Answers (4) on Obesity+diabetes+thyroid

Mohammed Zaid Chennai | General Physician
What are your medications? There are some drugs available for the management of diabetes which can also help in weight reduction. That said, you must do diet control and exercise.
Dr. Neelam Pandey Kukreti Gurgaon | General Endocrinologist
Dear pt u seem to have gained wt progressively past 15 years. Is it simple obesity due to sedentary lifestyle and poor food  habits or weight gain due to antidiabetics drugs or hormonal issues.
The poorly controlled hypothyroidism or  antidiabetics can never contribute to such an extent . May lead to 4 to 8 kg max wt gain as a whole. So without clinical and  investigation evaluation 'cause and treatment cannot be treated.
Follow realistic goals. Years of gaining wt will require yearsof losing it
Dr S Sankar Reddy Hyderabad | Diabetologist
Give urs drug details ,anti diabetes drugs can raise the weight.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... I can understand your problem. First of all take care diabetes and hypothyroidism they must be under control at all times. If exercise is difficult for you change your diet have chapatis, avoid foods containing high glycemic index... Shift to low glycemic index foods its also good for diabetes.. S Don't stress yourself... Calculate calories of intake according to your work load.