Obesity control

I'm looking for a good pediatric nutritionist/ doctor for my daughter. She's been consistently putting on weight over the last 3 - 4 years in spite of diet control and exercise. We have got her thyroid also checked but there is no problem with it. Thanks
views-icons 53 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Ravi Gupta
Pediatrician 17 yrs exp Noida

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

You have to check her BMI. If she is overweight or obese you will have to the reason. Apart from seeing a doctor or a nutritionist You can do a few things -make a food diary and exercise diary. -cut down on fats .Increase fiber like salads before meal, avoid fast foods and sweet drinks. This will help dietician to calculate calories which she is taking. Apart from thyroid she will need some more test to rule out and serious like hormonal causes of of high weight. For this a qualified doctor can only help you. I would suggest you to take help of a good pediatrician or a Pediatric hormone specialist in endocrinologist in your area.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?