Nystagmus
Is there treatment for nystagmus. I am having it since birth. Doctors say its genetic and can't be cured

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello I am sorry but there is no cure for nystagmus but yes,its amplitude can be reduced by surgery Consult squint specialist
Hello there..... Nystagmus is caused by an abnormal function in the areas of the brain that control eye movements. Nystagmus may be either present at birth or develop later in life.... - In rare cases eye muscle surgery can be performed which reduces the extent of the eye movement.....