Not able to sleep

Hello doctor/S, My name is Yogesh and this query is for my father. He is 56 and is going through various problems. He met with a stroke last March,16. Recently he went through same problem and was also hospitalized for 16 days but no change in his behavior. He keeps on mumbling(badbad) anything but till date no change. Neurologist is treating him. But my concern is should I consult psychiatrist for his such behavior. He do not sleep for the whole night and also during day time he sleeps hardly for few hours. Doctors said we cannot give him medicines for Sleep as his kidney is affected sodium level down bp down and various other issues he is diabetic. Need to know what to do. If required I can send his reports.

Dr. Gyaneshwar
General Physician 41 yrs exp Delhi
He may have started having dementia (degeneration of brain cells) or may have depression. In both cases specially for sleep management & badbadana you must consult a psychiatrist.