Nose and throat

I have breathing problems. When i showed it to my doctor he says the excessive blood circulation in sinus makes it swell and thats why it blocks the passage of air to breathe in or out. When i use this nasal spray called Otrivin Adult i start breathing just fine but the effect lasts only 6-8 hours. What do i do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Nose and throat

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
No, you were misinformed as Allergy is a poorly understood subject even among most doctors! .. The tissues that you see on the sides of your nostrils when you look at your nostrils in the mirror are your Turbinates. Their function is to catch dust and other infective material that you inhale and neutralise them so that they do not harm your throat or lungs. When you frequently inhale polluted air or when you have an allergy or when you have a crooked nasal septum, these turbinates get enlarged in their attempt to protect you you end up with a blocked nose! Local decongestant drops like Otrivin are only a temporary solution as they are habit forming and soon only worsen your condition. Drop in to my clinic for a consultation so that we could remedy your situation.