cardiologist-icon
No problem
I had gone for general health check up and they told me I have MVP with mild MR.does it will affect my day to day activities.it was shocking for since it was an incidental finding.should I have to avoid any medicine,food.is there any treatment.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

Nothing to worry about Keep going for regular follow up with the Cardiologist Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Alok Kumar
General Physician 16 yrs exp Delhi

No normally it is not life threatening but needs observation
Mitral valve prolapse causes no problems for most people, so treatment is usually not needed. People who develop severe mitral regurgitation due to mitral valve prolapse often can benefit from surgery to repair or replace the leaky valve. For people with symptoms of congestive heart failure caused by mitral valve prolapse with mitral regurgitation, surgery is usually the best treatment. ....