No periods for two months

I had my periods last 24 january. After that i had been physical. I did not have my periods since then. I have done pregnancy test 4 times. It is always negative. In February on someone's advice i took methergine instead of meprate. Recently i have taken meprate. Still no sign of periods. What to do?

Doctor Answers (1) on No periods for two months

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her..Kindly consult Gynecologist for further advice...