Need to gain weight

I am 30 years old. My height is 5 feet and weight is 36 kilos. I want to have a proper diet to maintain my body weight as per my height since I am underweight. My body is such that I do not put on weight so easily. Pl recommend a diet plan for the same. Are there any tests that I need to do before changing my diet plan?

Doctor Answers (1) on Need to gain weight

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Weight gain is a slow an steady process. Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age. A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person.l Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt. For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail