Need advice for my mom
Hi, I need advice for my mom. My mom and dad both are contradict to each other by thoughts and actions. My mom is totally depressed in her life. He is a chain smoker and drunkard.He is unfaithful while dealing with money.He is not concerned about his family but he does that for third persons. We hate that.He wants money but he will not earn by himself. He uses to get money from my mom by telling some or other reason. The only income for her is the house rent which she gets. His earnings will not be given to us. He has all bad habits including gambling.Even I'm away from my home.So I support my mom morally whenever things go out of control.Also we stood away from him and stayed alone for 10 months but this society speaks something else. His main objective is to have money.He tortured us a lot during those days for money and somehow they started to liv I am in a dilemma to decide on how to make them understand each other.Kindly tell me whom to be changed and what should be done for that?

Hello. Your situation is difficult and you have all been through a lot. It would help to see a family therapist or a psychiatrist who can be neutral and advice both your mom and dad.
Father is alcohol dependent, that needs to be treated first. If he is not motivated, he should be motivated first. Second is your mother need support. If she is too much depressed, medication is needed. Third thing require is interpersonal therapy or counselling to build good interpersonal relation that require some times. For alcohol problem medication are available that may be of help but motivation to quite alcohol is required.
treatment of alcohol problem and depression
meditation and yoga

Mom sitting on my lap After delivery care for mom