Neck sprain

I recently experienced some pain, or shall I say discomfort in my neck. I dismissed it as something minor and continued with my daily meditation and walk, only exception being my practice of yoga, which I stopped. The pain has been growing and if I have to talk to someone for ,say, half an hour, my neck becomes very stiff. Traveling by road has become a problem. Can you help?

Doctor Answers (1) on Neck sprain

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., Neck pain is a common problem and generally nothing to worry about it.... The pain and stiffness usually gets better after a few days or weeks, and is rarely a sign of a more serious problem.... Anxiety and stress can also sometimes cause tension in your neck muscles, which can lead to pain in your neck. ... Follow these steps make sure you have good posture when sitting and standing... avoid sleeping on your front, and make sure your head is in line with your body,  if you sleep on your side.... Consider muscle relaxants for few days.... Consult orthopedician....