Neck and Shoulder pain

I've been having neck pain from last 3 days. The Pain is in shoulders too and at times it radiates to my head causing pain on my back and sides of head. I consulted a primary physician and I'm taking tablets for that. Today morning when I woke up, I've a feeling that my shoulders have swollen up a bit on both sides and I feel a strange hard muscle (Not really a visible lump) on the left side of my next a little below my ears. It's hard, does not move and not painfull at all. Is it a muscle? Also, I've a common cold and a little bit of cough at night. I do NOT have any vomiting or fever. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (3) on Neck and Shoulder pain

Dr. Prashanth BN Bangalore | Knee Surgeon
It is cervical muscle spasm sec to improper posture at work or sleep.you need to correct it. Ortho consultation will be helpful to u.
Dr. B. M. Lava Bangalore | General Physician
Sir, you need to be examined for proper diagnosis and treatment. As a first aid, I advice you to take tab. Dolo 650 mg 3 times per day, If pain or swelling in the neck is persistent, get back to me
Dr. Rashmi T V Bangalore | General Physician
Hi It could be lymph node enlargement .... Kindly consult orthopedician for neck pain..... If you have any altered sensation or numbness in upper limbs kindly consult neurologist to look for any spinal cord issues...