Neck and shoulder pain

Hi sir I am having neck pain for a long period of time. Sometimes I get radiating pain to my shoulders. I have been experiencing this for about 2 years. I have consulted doctors and also have taken MRI twice. I have taken 3 courses of muscle relaxer tablets. I'm doing the isometric exercises. Last week I suddenly experienced pain in my left shoulder especially when l lift my hand above 90 deg to 120 deg. Now the pain is subsiding. MRI report: The in vertebral disk spaces are normal in height, signal intensity and contour, but the c6-c7 disk shows focal posterior mild protrusion without spinal stenosis. The neuroforamina are intact. It will be really great if you can assist me in reducing the pain and getting to normal.

Doctor Answers (2) on Neck and shoulder pain

Please share details of the Tablets you have taken
Dr. Manju Lihala Bangalore | General Physician
The mild protrusions of C6 and C7 must be pressing on some nerve and that is why you are getting this shooting pain. Please consult a orthopaedic doctor who can examine you and advise as to what needs to be done.