Nausea sensation
Dear Doctor, I am recently having problems of nausea sensation after drinking water. Sometimes it happens even after drinking a cold beverage. The sensation occurs only after the first gulp. Then it feels like I am almost going to vomit and somehow I am able to control. And then the sensation goes away and I feel ok. Kindly help.

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

It is GERD mostly. Consult a gastroenterologist for medication. Avoid cofee,tea,spicy food and soft drinks Dont sleep immediately after taking food. Maintain 1hr gap. Keep a pillow under head while sleeping.

Hello.... It could be something related to gastrointestinal tract like GERD... Take antacids and see response... Avoid spicy, hot ,high protein containing foods like fish .Take dal rice , butter milk ,curd rice ,drink plenty of water , have frequent small meals instead of large regular meals.....